Skip to main content

my pitch




http://prezi.com/nd0bqsoecfak/?utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=copy&rc=ex0share

Feedback:

What's its purpose? 

The purpose of my pitch is to develop my outlined idea further of my documentary, it enables me to think of any additional details, equipment or elements that I should add to improve my documentary. By talking to my class it could allow me to identify and distinguish my target audiences by age, gender and interests.

What you did?

I went through my project in depth talking about my outlined idea, what the documentary is going to be like, examples that inspired me, information from recces sheet and location scouting sheet, logistics, problems I may encounter, target audiences, institutions, what will happen in the extract and marketing.

 How it went? 

I think it went well because I got positive feedback and questions that made me think how I am going to structure and plan my documentary which is important. I think I should have included more information to improve the audience's understanding and to clearly conclude my pitch of the documentary but I didn't want it to be long as people would begin to feel uninterested.

What this would be like in the industry?

Even though, there are a lot of crime documentaries in the industry, I think my doc will be unique because I introduce a mixture of elements and key conventions from my research such as, locations, sound, effects etc.. that are popular with my demographic. As well as, incorporating popular elements from other crime documentaries I have created my own ideas such as, using diverse transitions and a different perspective from a family member. 



























Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Amy Winehouse documentary: 5 shot analysis

This is a medium close up shot and a wide angle view capturing her substantial fan base on a worldwide level. The narrator is talking about how she tries to disappear from her life which could imply through her substance addiction and abuse which correlates with the shot as it shows her drinking. Amy looks slightly disoriented/dazed which matches the narration perfectly mediating her in a very negative light. In this shot, the lighting is very dark and dull which is unusual because when she is performing the lighting should be bright and vibrant. The mise en scene is the crowds of people in the background which highlights Amy's pure popularity through her talent. I feel as though Amy is the focus in this shot as the dark lighting makes her boldly stand out against the crowd. The shot slowly fades out as the background soundtrack of Amy quietens and fades which is very effective as it increases the intensity of audiences sympathy and sadness for her. This is a extreme close up...

My Documentary

Location Reece

Requirements of lighting- When filming at school I need natural lighting, unless if it gets dark I will use the artificial main lighting. When shooting at Bedford prison, I need natural lighting that is cloudy and grey to match the cold dingy location. Clearance for shooting- Before filming in the school canteen, I will speak to the staff that work there asking if I can film in there? what 2 days if possible I am allowed?, if it is possible for them to keep the canteen open for an hour after school a couple of days in my shooting week? and what days the canteen will be free from all staff? Before filming at Bedford prison, I will ask the staff if I am allowed to film there. I do not need any power as the equipment I am using does not need power available. The problems I may face is if I am not allowed to film at Bedford prison because that is the most local and convenient prison I am near. Although I can research other prisons reasonably close to me that allow filming. Also,...