Skip to main content

My Documentary


Comments

  1. This is promising for a first cut Tillie, but still lots to do. Your documentary is at 5 minutes but is currently lacking variety in shots. the shots you have of fairfield work well, but you probably need to half these.
    One example of this is from 00.01.12 where you have a slow shot of the walls surrounding the building, this lasts far too long and wold benefit form a re-inactment being cut in based on what your actress is describing.
    The music throughout also worked brilliantly to mediate it.
    One example of this is from 00.01.12 where you have a slow shot of the walls surrounding the building, this lasts far too long and wold benefit form a re-inactment being cut in based on what your actress is describing.
    Check your sound level from 00.03.45 as it suddenly gets very loud.
    The shots of your actress are great, but maybe try to add more to the story by getting a different perspective through talking heads- a family member or a prison officer.
    When she speaks about the interrogation room, you could include a bit of found footage to show the room.
    Please consider what you can do now to improve this further with the time you have- I would recommend revisiting your production schedule to now meet the final cut deadline.

    Keep up the hard work Tille.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Amy Winehouse documentary: 5 shot analysis

This is a medium close up shot and a wide angle view capturing her substantial fan base on a worldwide level. The narrator is talking about how she tries to disappear from her life which could imply through her substance addiction and abuse which correlates with the shot as it shows her drinking. Amy looks slightly disoriented/dazed which matches the narration perfectly mediating her in a very negative light. In this shot, the lighting is very dark and dull which is unusual because when she is performing the lighting should be bright and vibrant. The mise en scene is the crowds of people in the background which highlights Amy's pure popularity through her talent. I feel as though Amy is the focus in this shot as the dark lighting makes her boldly stand out against the crowd. The shot slowly fades out as the background soundtrack of Amy quietens and fades which is very effective as it increases the intensity of audiences sympathy and sadness for her. This is a extreme close up...

Location Reece

Requirements of lighting- When filming at school I need natural lighting, unless if it gets dark I will use the artificial main lighting. When shooting at Bedford prison, I need natural lighting that is cloudy and grey to match the cold dingy location. Clearance for shooting- Before filming in the school canteen, I will speak to the staff that work there asking if I can film in there? what 2 days if possible I am allowed?, if it is possible for them to keep the canteen open for an hour after school a couple of days in my shooting week? and what days the canteen will be free from all staff? Before filming at Bedford prison, I will ask the staff if I am allowed to film there. I do not need any power as the equipment I am using does not need power available. The problems I may face is if I am not allowed to film at Bedford prison because that is the most local and convenient prison I am near. Although I can research other prisons reasonably close to me that allow filming. Also,...